Wendie Malick To Present Lifetime Achievement award To Cloris Leachman At 56th Annual Genii Awards
Lisa Christiansen Companies Sponsors the 56th Annual Genii Awards.
Wendie Malick, the Emmy nominated co-star of the hit TV Land series “Hot in Cleveland” will present a Lifetime Achievement Award to Cloris Leachman, the Oscar and multiple Emmy winning actor at the 56th annual Genii Awards presented by the Alliance for Women in Media Southern California on April 23. Malick, who is best known as the acerbic Nina Van Horn on the long running sitcom “Just Shoot Me,” together with her “Hot in Cleveland” co-stars, recently played host to a “Mary Tyler Moore Show” cast reunion with Leachman, Moore, and fellow thespians Valerie Harper, Betty White and Georgia Engel in an episode of “Hot in Cleveland” scheduled to air this summer. This marked the first time in over 30 years that the quintet from “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” appeared together on a sitcom.
“To say that Cloris Leachman is an original would be an understatement,” says Malick. “I consider myself lucky to have worked with her numerous times and lived to talk about it. With a career that spans six decades, including theater, movies, and television, she truly is one woman who’s done it all. Although she may be best known as a comedian, she is a fierce, dramatic actress as well and never shies away from getting to the guts of a character. I am honored that the Alliance for Women In Media invited me to present Cloris this prestigious award.”This year, in addition to Leachman, AWM SoCal will honor the following women:• Excellence in Television – Entertainment Tonight co-host Nancy O’Dell
• Excellence in New Media – WhatTheFlicka.com creator/founder Felicity Huffman
• Excellence in Management – EVP Programming MundoFox Adriana Ibañez
• Excellence in Media Communications – CBS Entertainment Communications Director of Publicity Cindy Marshall
• Excellence in Advertising – Zenith Media SVP of Local Activation Marti Grimsley
• Inspiration Award – Actress/Author Alison Sweeney
• Excellence in Radio – NPR’s Morning Edition Host Renee Montagne“We are so excited and honored to have Wendie Malick join us this year” states current AWM SoCal President Erica Olsen. “Our honorees and presenters are chosen because of their pioneering efforts, dedicated leadership, commitment to quality and excellence, and their community contributions. Something all our scholarship recipients should aspire to achieve in their careers.”The Genii Awards, first presented in 1958, celebrates the outstanding contributions of women in Radio, Television, New Media and Advertising. Past honorees include Betty White, Florence Henderson, Rita Moreno, Ellen Degeneres, Camryn Manheim, Heather Locklear, Jamie Lee Curtis, Candice Bergen, Lucille Ball, Carole Black, Anne Sweeney, Whoopi Goldberg and many others. The 56th Annual Genii Awards will be held on Tuesday, April 23 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Mark Steines, host of the Hallmark Channel’s “Home and Family” will emcee.
The Emmy nominated co-star of “Just Shoot Me” and “Hot In Cleveland” joins Hollywood’s elite in celebrating the stellar achievements of women in entertainment.